Academic Life in Emergency Medicine and Foundations of Emergency Medicine are pleased to present a collaborative emergency medicine clerkship curriculum. This curriculum was created to support clerkship directors and EM bound medical students during this time of distance learning as we respond to the unique educational challenges posed by COVID-19. All content is free.
- 8 week, asynchronous, senior medical student curriculum curated by ALiEM entitled “Bridge to EM”
- 4 weeks of coordinated synchronous sessions curated by FoEM to be hosted virtually by your site’s local clerkship team
FoEM Virtual Clerkship Course Overview
Our course includes facilitated active learning meetings for weeks 1-4 of the Bridge to EM course. Sessions may be hosted virtually and include 60 min of small group case-based learning from our Foundations I course and an optional 30 min paired Framework. Our course schedule includes time for orientation to Foundations cases as well as an optional session covering EM ethics (AMA/capacity) available from our Foundations III course. Details about strategic use of all of our provided content are included below.
The full curriculum is intended for those clerkships that are entirely remote without clinical time. However, the curriculum can be easily adapted to clerkships that are still offering clinical shifts but desire a formalized remote learning experience.
Learn More and Get Full Access
If you would like to learn more or officially register to use FoEM content, please see the resources below.
- Review the ALiEM Bridge to EM page
- Check out our full FoEM Clerkship Course Schedule
- Get all the gory details in our Clerkship Implementation Guide
- Officially register to get password access to course content
- Get tips and tricks on facilitating virtual conference on our Virtual FoEM page
Join Team Foundations
Foundations courses are used at over half of EM residency programs around the country. All of our course content is free and open access. You are welcome to make use of any of our content for medical students who are completing EM clerkships- any course, any time, for as long as you’d like and for free.